“Trouble on the Grand Canal”
By T. James LeDoux
YRBM-21 – 1970
Available in ebook form at:
Apple iTunes in the iTunes bookstore website (.epub format)
Barnes and Noble website (.epub format)
Amazon.com website (Kindle .mobi format only)
Enter “Trouble on the Grand Canal” with quotation marks to take you to the right ebook. ebook price: $ 2.99
The ‘.epub’ format is what most readers and tablets use, except for the Kindle. See instructions below for downloading a copy to your eReader and, if you don’t have an eReader or a tablet, how to download a free eReader to your computer.
Trouble on the Grand Canal
1970 Vietnam. Warfare with no rules, little protection and many enemies. It wasn’t the battles that wore you down, it was the expectation that the next moment could be your last memory. Fear, fatigue and heat was as great an enemy as the insurgents. Mix into this the giant chess game being played by strategists in far away places as they plan your missions. What appears real may not be and what appears easy may take an unexpected turn. This is the true story of one day experienced by one sailor in the backwaters of the Mekong Delta of Vietnam. A 24 hour period where the enemy threat is not so much the physical as it is the mental, where reality appears more of a game. A dangerous game repeated day after day where no one knows the rules but the outcome is very real.
To get the ebook (Go to iTunes for downloading to the iPad or iPad-mini or Mac with iBook, go to Amazon.com for the Kindle, and to Barnes and Noble for any other tablet, PC or to a Mac without ibook using the eReader recommended below.) If you have an account on Apple and an iPad, iPad-mini or Mac computer with iBooks application. You can also do this if you have a PC with the iTunes application:
To get the ebook from iTunes.
1. Open iTunes and log on to your account or open a new account
2. Click on the ‘iTunes Store’ in the left panel on the screen.
3. In the search box at the top of the iTunes page type in “Trouble on the Grand Canal” (be sure to include quotation marks and press the ‘Enter’
button on your keyboard.
4. Under the ‘Books’ section you will see the book cover shown above. You can buy the book by clicking on ‘$2.99 buy’.
To get the ebook from Amazon.com (for Kindle only)
If you have an account on Amazon and a Kindle eReader, the Amazon Kindle version of the book is available at Amazon.com.
1. Open www.Amazon.com and log on to your account or open a new account.
2. In the search box at the top of the Amazon page type in “Trouble on the Grand Canal” (be sure to include quotation marks and press the ‘Enter’ button on your keyboard.
3. Click on the book title “Trouble on the Grand Canal” from the collection of books shown
4. Click on the ‘Buy now with 1-click’ button on the right panel of the screen.
To get the ebook from Barnes and Noble
If you have an eReader on your PC or tablet,
1. Open www.barnesandnoble.com and log on to your account or open a new account.
2. In the search box at the top of the Barnes and Noble page type in “Trouble on the Grand Canal” (be sure to include quotation marks and press the ‘Enter’ button on your keyboard.
3. Move your cursor over the “Trouble on the Grand Canal” title from the collection of books shown. The ‘Buy now’ button will show.
4. Click on the ‘Buy now’ button.
Please note for .epub ebooks
If you are downloading your copy of the ebook to your PC or Mac, be sure to create a folder for your ebooks. The title of the file you download may be an alphanumeric name that may be hard to find. It will have an extension of ‘.epub’. By putting it in a unique folder, you can rename the ebook to the title. Please be sure to keep the ‘.epub’ extension. Using the eReader recommended below, you can open the ebook in the eReader.
To get a free ebook reader for your PC or Mac computer Go to THIS web site. This website will allow you to download an eReader called ‘Adobe Digital Editions’ for your PC or Mac free of charge. Once you download and install the eReader, open the eReader, go to the menu at the top, click on ‘File’ and select ‘Add to Library’, go to the folder that has your downloaded book and click on the book you wish to open.